Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Travel Blogger of the Month: Q&A with Budget Biyahera

Hello Guys!


For today’s piece of writing, I have asked or sent an interview question to our fellow traveler to be featured here in the website as my “Travel Blogger of the Month”. There are few questions that they need to fill out on the form. And, I am grateful that our first travel blogger of the month really exert an effort to my request.

I would like to introduce our “Travel Blogger of the Month” is the author of www.budgetbiyahera.com or you may call her “Mai”. She started blogging on 2008. She is also a freelance writer, the owner and designer of the local shoe line Lakhambini and part-owner of a Video Production House called Brass Knuckles Inc.

Q and A with Budget Biyahera

1. What is your purpose of travelling?
Oftentimes, I would travel to seek relaxation -- to simply have the time to unwind and recharge. But I also travel to discover new places, to learn and immerse in new cultures, and to meet like-minded individuals who’ll teach me a thing or two about life. 

2. Do you travel solo? or in a group?
I haven’t traveled solo yet. But I’ve always had plans to try it. Hopefully soon.

3. How often do you travel?
I used to travel at least once every 4 months. But since I started my small venture, my trips lessened. If I can’t go out of town, I would try and reward myself with a staycation in the metro. I also try to visit one country every year, if budget permits.

4. If your answer in #2 is travelling solo, then what are the best locations for solo traveler?
N/A

5. Give at least 5 travel tips to our readers:
a. Try to budget your projected expenses for an upcoming trip. The process itself will help you determine what you need to save up for.

b. Purchase plane tickets from seat sales even if the travel date is a year from now. This can work to your advantage, as it gives you more time to save and do your research.

c. Do your research. By doing so, you’ll be able to learn how much transportation fees are on an estimate (i.e. Boat and Motorcycle fares), how much your preferred lodgings are worth, what the weather will be like and so on.

d. Invest in a durable bag, and pack light if you’re going on a short trip. By doing so, you’ll no longer have to buy that extra check-in baggage. 

e. Instead of folding your clothes, try to roll them one-by-one. You’ll get to have more space for other things in your bag when you use this method.

6. What are your 3 memorable travel destinations (please do share your best photos)?

White water rafting in Cagayan De Oro, Misamis Oriental

Island hopping in Coron, Palawan

Temple hopping in Siem Reap, Cambodia

You can connect with Budget Biyahera via:
Twitter: @budget_biyahera
Instagram: budget_biyahera
Facebook: www.facebook.com/budgetbiyahera

To Mai: Thank you so much for your time for answering the Q&A with Travel Blogger. May you have more travel this year. Keep safe and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...